Sunday, May 21, 2006

On Prac 1

Its been a while…of course. Things are busier than busy. I am still working at IRD and am on my first real practicum which has been a bit of a mixed bag. I have been teaching everyday to some extent. At the moment I have two junior classes and three senior classes, the junior in social studies and the senior in legal studies and business studies. Most of my teaching has been in the junior classes – the Treaty and Pacific Island communities. It is pretty full on turning up and being told to organize the whole topic. Nice to let loose on it.

I have one class which is supposedly a lower ability class but they are great. I can’t say the same for the ‘normal’ junior class I teach they seem to be trying to push the limits at every opportunity. My associate teacher advised me to push back a bit and at one stage I had just about half the class’s names on the board. Ultimately four of them got a detention. I am a bit worried about having the reputation as a hanging judge but my associate teacher assures me we are now on the right track. The last class was noticeably quieter…perhaps too quiet?

Tomorrow I start my legal studies topic on dispute resolution, it should be pretty easy and hopefully fun as I have role plays in store for the guys.

Well had better get my beauty sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home