Thursday, August 04, 2005

Is Particia a Robot?

This is the verbatim online chat I had with a representitive of a online hotel booking agency.


Please wait for an agent to respond.
You are now chatting with 'Patricia'

Patricia: Hi. This is Patricia. How may I assist you?

Chris: Yes I have made a booking for my parents when they come to Japan and I have received an email which requires me to fax a form....my ID is 1373655

Patricia: I'm currently checking your booking and will be with you in a few minutes

Chris: I do not have access to a printer or a fax machine at my current address.

Patricia: When would you be able to send us the fax form ?

Chris: Well I cant as I dont have a printer or a fax.

Chris: I have been able to book a room through Asia rooms.com with the same situation and there was no problem.

Patricia: I am sorry for inconvenience caused. Will you be able to send us the fax form within this month ?

Chris: No I dont have a printer or a fax machine. I could make a speical trip to a copy centre and pay to print the form and then pay to fax the form but it seems rather unnecessary. Is there a way this can be done without having to fax a form?

Patricia: I am sorry, but we do require the credit card fax form for this booking. Sorry for inconvenience caused.

Chris: Why do you require a faxed form when other companies dont?

Patricia: I am sorry, but this is our policy. All this documentations are required to support our local bank to protect against Credit Card fraud.

Chris: Well in that case I will allow my booking to 'auto-cancel' and book through asiarooms.com This will save me the hassel and expense of going to a copy centre. I understand the reasoning for the policy but it seems to completely take the point out of booking on line if you have to go off and send a fax.

Patricia: I am sorry for this inconvenience caused.

Patricia: Would you like me to cancel the booking now?

Chris: I will make the booking through another company first then enail cancel once that has been confirmed. I dont want to burn my bridges.

Chris: sorry...I will 'email to cancel'Patricia:

Okay, so we will keep your booking. Chris: yes. thanks.

Patricia: Is there anything else I can help you with?

Chris: Do you sell fax machines ;-)

Chris: No thank you for your help

Patricia: You're welcome. Have a nice day.

Chris: bye

Patricia: Goodbye

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home